1923-24 style (long plate, small star)
1923-24 style (large star)
- Another undated base plate issued. 700,000 prs. were made initially.
- "TEXAS" was written down both ends of the plate. A lone star
separated the numbers, a feature which continued until 1944 (except
- No validation seal was needed for 1923.
- The earliest known sample
plate is of this design.
- Later, 300,000 more plates of the same design were made, except
the plate is noticably shorter. (plate #s 700-001 to 999-999).
Sometime between 933718 & 936696 the star became larger.
- Plate color: white on black.
- A seal was used to validate plates for 1924.
- Seal color: white on red
- First yearly license plate.
- "TEXAS" down left end, "1925" down right.
(COM) plates introduced.
(T prefix) plates introduced. DOT literature suggests
these were also used for Tractors until 1928.
- Passenger plate color: white on maroon.
- "FRONT" or "REAR" down left side.
- "TEXAS-1929" along bottom
dealer tags in use.
- Passenger plate color: orange on black.